Monday, August 3, 2020

Art in the Time of Pandemic

In times of crisis I tend to look toward the optimistic. Hey, this gives me the opportunity to accomplish so very much...why I will paint, and write that cookbook, and clean the attic, (so to speak), but it isn't long before inertia sets in and I can't remember what I was going to do today, let alone what projects I had in mind.

So, here we all sit five months into a Pandemic with no ending in sight.  It has been an amazing roller-coaster of a ride in all our lifestyles, in the medical fields and mostly in politics.  The protocol, or lack thereof, has driven friends and family apart and created a divide in the United States, like none since the civil war, in fact it feels like a war.

My community of artist, and their ability to create, has been all over the board.  Some have been so prolific that I am green with envy, but many, like myself feel that all creative forces have been driven from our soul. I stare unblinking at the canvas and try to will the drive to paint.  I sit at the computer and wonder where the words went and try to regurgitate some thoughts. I know it is all in there deep in my soul, but somehow it is like it is afraid to come out and face the virus.

Today, my friend, that lost her husband in the not too distant past, started a new blog,  Bohobeppe.blogspot.com,, check it out.  She is a great writer and will take you on her journey of rediscover. I've been there and know how important it is to spill your guts and let our the agony.

I figure that if Candice can do it, well, so can I take a few minutes now and then to express myself. Maybe feel a bit guilty about not producing some art, of some kind. On second thought, I haven't been totally idle. I have spent lots of  time and energy  redoing showers and decorating my little house at the lake.  I figure I might as well spend my money on something....can't shop, can't dine out, can't travel....but I can search the web......

Stay tuned for updates, I hope, maybe some art again.....I did manage this one little door one day...

Stay safe and stay healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you! Look at us! We are writers and you are an artist and all that other cool stuff. Let's continue to create.

    ReplyDelete