Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Glimmer of Hope

I've been thinking a lot because there isn't much else to do besides watch endless movies and series.  I think of my life and how fortunate it has been to travel,immerse myself in different cultures and explore the possibilities of another life......not to mention the taste and texture of foods from other worlds. I have been fortunate to expand my horizons and grow with the knowledge that the more different we are; the more we are the same. I've reached out my hand to young and old and felt the touch of their lives enrich me beyond belief.  I've lost myself in their art and saw depth of character that no words could express. 

We now sit in the depths of sorrow and despair, but I still see a glimmer of hope in the rising and setting sun and the eyes of innocent children. They are our hope. The rising sun because we are lucky to see it greet us to know that we have another day to grow and learn. The setting sun because it gave us another beautiful day to participate. The children because we can watch them bounce along to a drum that sees life and love with each step.  They are truly our hope and we must protect them at all cost.  

For many years I have taught art to young people of all ages and they give me life lessons each time. Some refuse to budge from their own dreams and follow their path to their vision.  Some take hesitant   baby steps to their finished product.  Each method takes me along on a journey of joy and also redemption from all my mistakes and mishaps along the way.  I see myself in each method.   I miss teaching them this year of Covid. I look forward to doing so in the future of a healthier and happier union for all. 

It is hard to write these days and harder yet to stay positive, but I must and we must.  I still have to share my adventures with you about my trip last year from Singapore to Dubai.  I still float on those memories.

1 comment: