Friday, January 16, 2015

There are three distinct areas in Mazatlan that we frequent; the Golden Zone, Old Town and Cerritos Beach area. 

  Golden Zone is the big resort area where we can walk to any number of restaurants, bars and shops.   It is a mixture of Nationals and Gringo's.....both sharing in all that the golden zone has to offer.  Even though it is "touristy" , so to speak, it is also where we have made friends with the vendors, shop owners and locals that work in the restaurants. They greet us each year with hugs and smiles. This is where we hop over to The Social, a lounge and coffee shop, to hear great music by Rob Lamonica and Lori Davidson.  Love sitting outside, eating a light dinner and listening to their music and banter. Highly entertaining.

 
 

Old Town, Centro Historico, is where I go to feed my artistic soul.  I find beauty in the ruins of buildings, the carved and painted doors, and the night life at Plazuela Machado.(town square). There are a number of expats that hang out at Casa de Leyendas; many of them artist of one sort or the other.  The Historic district holds the "First Friday Art Walk".  Not only are our artistic souls feed with some amazing art, we are privy to many private homes that would otherwise be just beyond our reach.   Sitting at Macaw's, at Casa de Leyendas, across from the museum and a lovely little park, never ceases to make me want to rush home and throw myself into an art project.....this only happens after I allow myself to linger and absorb the atmosphere , nearby conversations and sip my margarita!!  Casa de Leyendas is B&B that serves up an amazing breakfast and delights with its charming rooms. 


Todays journey took us to Cerritos Beach for breakfast at Loony Bean and a short walk on the beach.  Cerritos is off the beaten path and is home to one of the "Cutest" RV parks that I have ever stumbled upon.  I swore that the place must be overrun with artistic types...I can only show you a couple of pictures and let you make up your mind. 

Just a Mariachi Band in Scraps.......

Satellite Dish!

Where the heck is that RV?
 
Adios Amigo's......................

No comments:

Post a Comment