Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Seeking Beauty.

We have been in Mazatlan for a week now and have spent much of the time dousing fires and creating a comfortable environment.  We aren't talking big things here, light bulbs, working washer, clean linen, .....settling in is a process.  Many people come to a third world country and expect everything to be just as it is at home, well, that isn't going to happen.  We , as tourist, live much loftier then the Nationals can even imagine. They smile at us, and the whining, try to make it better, but sometimes, as we watch the complaining, it just becomes embarrassing.  We have decided that it is best to just forge ahead, make the most of the situation, and try to become good representatives of our country.

 I remind myself often that at 8:00 A.M. in the morning I am sitting outside, sipping my coffee, listening to the birds sing and watching the Palm Fronds sway in the slight ocean breeze.   What a lovely way to spend winter.

We are settled now.  The pantry is stocked, lights are all working, washer is fixed and I am sitting in a beautiful penthouse condo.  I consider this beyond lucky, yes, a hardship might come up, here and there, but I am sitting in paradise and no snow shovel needed... 

I rolled over this morning and said to my partner....."Today I seek Beauty!"  It might be in the face of a child or a Hibiscus flower, the waves splashing on the shore, or the amazing tile work,   but it is to be found, often in the strangest.........
 
places, if only we open our eyes and look with our heart.........

1 comment: