Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Yes, I do paint here.....ummmm, see

Recently a "blog reader" ask me to share some of my own work on the blog.   I laughed....
"what do you do in Mexico", a frequent question....followed by, "You must paint a lot"....ummm

Each year I diligently pack my supplies and vow that this will be the year that I am prolific......so far...not so much, but I vow to do more. Well, after all, I am pretty busy here.....why just look at the photo's I post.

There comes the day when I settle in and pull the paints out and get to work and when I do, I am heavily influenced by my surroundings.

I love the tattered walls with their multi layers of colors; the narrow sidewalks with trees jutting from street and walkway; the vines that seem to stream from nowhere.

Everywhere I look is an inspiration; some I can capture and others remain illusive, but such is the beauty of art..

The piece I am working on is a street in El Centro that I have walked many times, and yes, the tree is in the street. Perhaps it was once a courtyard?

Am I finished with this....just not sure yet....time will tell.
I

No comments:

Post a Comment