Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Since I am thinking of selling this big old house , I decided to toss a little holiday gathering.  I love playing with the house: setting the table, stringing the lights,  preparing the food, but mostly letting my friends meet and great. I am blessed with a diverse group of people that enrich my life beyond my wildest dreams. Everything was going great and then I hit a puddle of water on the floor and........
being the drama queen that I am , I took a big tumble on the kitchen floor!  After everyone decided that the two hematoma's on my head were not life threatening, they started to rate the fall.....umm, happy to say that I got a few ten's.  Perhaps it is time to hang up the high heels...dang!!!


The theme was to bring your favorite "wine find"....something you enjoy that cost under $10.00 and , of course, your favorite holiday treat that you never, ever indulge, except for special events.  Wow, found some great wines, and, needless to say, some great yummy treats.

Parties are tons of work, but always worth the reward in the end....tumble or not......
Just a few of the wine finds from friends.
We discovered some that will rapidly become our favorites.
 
 

 

We stroll a lot in Mexico. Every day, on our way to breakfast, we walk the beach and often meander into the shops on the way back....breakfast trips can
often take hours! Along the way I discover some
wonderful treasures that just beg me to bring them home.
Here, some of them sit, basking in the glory of Christmas.
 
 
Soon I will be on the way; to soak in the sun, stroll the streets, have a margarita or two, catch up with old friends, and , of course, discover new treasures created with love by hand, talk to the many artist that I have met and share my finds with you.  I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment