Monday, January 13, 2014

slowing down...

Entering a third world country is like having a plunge in a cold lake in the middle of winter......the force shocks your senses and existence, and makes you yearn for the warmth of familiar arms.

I sit surrounded by buildings so white that they make your eyes hurt; skies so blue that you swear you could see your reflection; palm trees that make you sway to their movement in the breeze, but also I feel like I am drowning in a sea of frustration.  Nothing works as it should and nothing is fixed in a timely manner........mananna amaiga, could mean next Tuesday or behind. How does a women with a wound up get it done now personality cope?  Learning patience.....a virtue I have little of!!!

Slowly I learn to dance to the rhythm of their music......slow the heart beat.....hips learn to move at a different pace...mind unfurls in release........it is not easy, but is paradise a reward that ask nothing in return?  I take a deep breath and look up at the sky and head to the beach.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Post. Learning to go with the flow is such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathe deeply and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete