Tuesday, January 19, 2021

 I awoke this morning to the sun laying an orange blanket over the San Jacinto Mountains, a slight breeze rustling the Palm Fronds and the Black Phoebe chirping by the pool. This short play by Mother Nature took a soul on the brink of depression and planted a seed of hope. No matter how much abuse we heap on her, she wakes up each day anew to give us hope.  No matter the gloom of the day, in rain or sleet, she teaches us that the sun will shine again.  She is resilient; so can we be.

No matter your side on politics or religion, it has been a tumultuous few years. I doubt there is a person on this planet that hasn't been gripped by the atmosphere that has swirled around us. We have lost friends and family to distraught emotions, illness, and, sadly even death. There have been days when I have felt that my body has been turned inside out and my heart exposed to every emotion known to mankind. With each of these days,if we look hard, we can use the  knowledge we have gleaned from Mother Nature. The same hope that we see when the sun shines, or we walk down a path where jasmine lingers in the air, or a bird chirps by your ear, or you just breathe in the freedom of fresh air. You realize those are the things that get our feet to move, our hearts to sing and our soul to find contentment. 

As a writer and artist, I can take the toughest days and loose myself in hours of creativity.  My art lingers for hours, peculating new ideas and thoughts and and carrying my angst away like the Santa Anna winds, which just happens to be blowing today. 

I've noticed that the writing is a bit more muddled with angst and the art has taken on multiple personalities, but they are there awaiting.....awaiting the new day, new thoughts and new hope. 



1 comment:

  1. I love this. I am trying to write my blog but my brain is muddled. Maybe after tomorrow. xo

    ReplyDelete